Terms & Conditions for the Purchase of Body Armor
With any purchase from Razor Edge Group, you are confirming and stating that you are a legal adult (18 years or older) and for certain items are not a felon or have a criminal record. We neither promote nor condone the selling of body armor to minors or felons; this is illegal by US federal law. If you are a felon or a minor, you are required to get permission from your employer and local police department and provide proof of this to purchase body armor. We will assist law enforcement with any request for information if a law has been violated and proof is furnished of such a crime.
If, for any reason, law enforcement officials need information to prosecute a person for owning body armor that should not (or any other type of item purchased from us), we will share this information of that person's purchase in cooperation with these law enforcement officials. The purpose of the body armor and the other items that we sell is to protect the officers that risk their lives daily to protect us and any other law abiding citizens. By purchasing any of the items that we sell, you are confirming that you have no intent to use these item(s) in a way that would conflict with the laws of your city and state or violate federal laws. We also reserve the right to refuse sale to any person, per our own discretion at any time.
With the purchase you confirm and attest to the following:
- You are of legal age to own the item purchased.
- You do not have a criminal background.
- You are legally allowed to purchase the specified item in your state.
- You are not violating any City, State or Federal Laws with your purchase.
- You are not legally prohibited to purchase the items chosen.
- You are not involved in criminal activities or groups.
- You are not legally banned from owning Firearms or Body Armor.
So, as long as you are a law abiding and upstanding citizen looking to protect yourself or your family, you should have no problem meeting these necessary requirements. The need to own body armor should only be for lawful purposes. It is the responsibility of the purchaser, and purchaser only, to ensure that all transactions comply with US and local Federal, State and Local Statutes, Codes, and Ordinances. Residents of Connecticut are prohibited from buying body armor unless the buyer is a police officer, Police Department, or military, or if the purchase is done through a face-to-face transaction.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE SALE OF BODY ARMOR
By purchasing the body armor contained in this listing from Razor Edge Group (“Seller”), you (“Purchaser”) agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1) Purchaser represents that s/he is at least 18 years old or the age of majority in the State or Territory in which s/he resides.
2) Purchaser is not a convicted felon at the time of purchase.
3) Seller will not sell body armor to any citizen or resident of the State of Connecticut.
4) Purchaser is legally allowed to purchase, possess, and/or use the purchased item(s) in Purchaser’s State/Territory, County/Parish, and municipality, and affirms that such purchase does not violate any federal, state, or local laws.
5) Seller makes no representations to Purchaser about the legality of any Purchase of body armor. Seller makes no representations about the consequences to Purchaser in the event Purchaser buys the body armor in contravention of any applicable federal, state, or local law. Purchaser is encouraged to seek qualified legal counsel in his/her jurisdiction if Purchaser has any questions concerning ab federal, state, or local laws.
6) Seller is not responsible for Purchaser’s violation of any federal, state, or local law concerning the Purchaser’s purchase, use, re-sale, other distribution of any body armor obtained from Seller. This disclaimer applies to any re-distribution within or outside of the United States.
7) Seller will cooperate with any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency investigating the purchase or use of body armor by the Purchaser.
8) Purchaser is not buying the body armor on behalf of another person in an effort to avoid compliance with these Terms and Conditions or to circumvent any applicable federal, state, or local law.
9) Although Seller’s body armor is tested to withstand bullets, the armor is bullet resistant and not bulletproof. Body armor will not protect someone from injury or death in all circumstances. Body armor will not provide any protection for the parts not covered by the armor. Purchaser acknowledges that there is always a risk of injury, including serious injury or death, if struck by a bullet while wearing body armor.
10) To the fullest extent permitted by law, Purchaser and his/her heirs, assigns, successors, and agents agree that Seller is not liable for any injury, including serious injury or death, that may occur during the use of Seller’s body armor. To that end, Purchaser and his/her heirs, assigns, successors, and agents, release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Seller for any liability from the purchase, possession, or use of the body armor. Purchaser and his/her heirs, assigns successors, and agents specifically disclaim any right to any damages from Seller, including compensatory damages, incidental damages, consequential damages, punitive damages, costs, and attorney’s fees.
11) Any statements, images, or descriptions of body gear herein, including all photographic and video depictions, are for informational purposes only, and do not constitute a warranty of the products in any way.
12) Seller specifically disavows and disclaims any representation, implied or express warranty, or liability related to the condition or use of the items sold. Every item is sold AS IS and WITH ALL FAULTS. BUYER ASSUMES ALL RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT.
ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED. NO ORAL AGREEMENTS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND SHALL BE BINDING UNLESS IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY SELLER.
The Terms and Conditions are effective as to the Purchaser on the date of the purchase of the body armor and supersede all prior oral or written Terms and Conditions between Purchaser and Seller.
These Terms and Conditions may be updated, revised, or changed without prior notice.
New York's Soft Body Armor Ban
Level II and IIIA Ballistic Panels:
New York State's new Senate Bill S9407B, signed into law and effective as of July 1st, 2022 prohibits the purchase or sale of soft body armor vests anywhere in the state, or online to addresses within the state.
Because of this, Razor Edge Group can no longer ship products containing ballistic panels qualifying as body armor to residents of New York.
As of this date, hard armor plates do not have the same restriction, although that may change.
If you are selling any items purchased here, you are liable to distribution laws or any laws regarding unlawful selling. There are strict laws that deal with selling specific items and it is your responsibility to make sure you are not violating any of them when doing so. If selling or exporting, there are state and/or federal laws that have to be followed and if broken you will be the one held liable. You do this at your own discretion and we are not liable for any consequences of these actions that you accrue upon yourself.
With the purchase of any body armor, you understand that body armor is not bulletproof, but bullet-resistant. We cannot verify that ballistic armor panels will prevent 100% of bullet penetration or that the impact will not cause other injuries, even if the bullet is stopped. Body armor is good for protection, but there needs to be an understanding that if a bullet strikes you there is always a risk for injury, even if the impact is absorbed by the vest, defeating the bullet before it penetrates a person's body. Some of these injures seen in tests and in the field range from severe bruising, broken bones, and possibly serious internal injury that could even result in death. If struck by a bullet even with the vest on, you should seek medical attention immediately to ensure that there are no internal injuries, whether felt by the wearer or not, caused by the impact.
Body Armor is also not stab-resistant unless manufactured this way. You may also call us for more information and other options to make sure you purchase the proper protection level and get options to give you added protection.
We assume no liability for use or misuse of any product sold or donated. The Manufacturer's Warranty applies on most items and we suggest verifying warranty at the time of purchase. If you are not aware of what the warranties are please ask. We do not assume, nor authorize any other person to assume for us any liability in connection with the sale or use of the goods that are sold. We do not make any oral agreements or warranties on any items. Notice is hereby given that any statement made by us during the sale of goods, shall not create any new warrantees that are not already offered by the manufacturer and this will also include not being seen as an addendum to any manufacturer's current warranty. Goods sold shall be fit for any particular purpose based by the manufacturer and not us. Images, statements, or descriptions are informational only, and not made or given as a warranty of the goods in any way. Use of descriptions and images without consent is prohibited. Any other representation, warranty, or liability related to the condition or use of the goods sold is not liable. We are not liable to replace or repair any goods that were damaged by misuse or failure to follow the manufacturer's guidelines. Our liability is only limited to repairing or replacing goods that are defective per manufacturer error and not by improper use of the goods sold. By use of the goods sold, you waive the rights to exchange or fix the goods described. Please see our Returns and Exchange policy for more details. Pursuant to the provisions of the California Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, goods are sold "AS IS". The risk as to the quality and performance of the product is with the buyer. We are not an insurer, and bear no liability for any use, misuse, or failure to perform.
This liability falls upon the manufacturer and falls within the manufacturer's warranty where applicable, IN LIEU OF ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS AND MERCHANTABILITY. INCIDENTAL AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARE EXCLUDED. Purchaser contracts and agrees that the purchaser or his heirs, agents, assigns shall NEVER bring any action in any court of law. Any dispute arising from the purchase and sale of product(s) sold by Razor Edge Group shall be resolved by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Venue for any arbitration, or any legal dispute, shall lie only in Town of South El Monte, California and in no other Venue or Forum. The laws of the State of California shall apply to all transactions. If any part of these terms are held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such shall not affect the validity of any other part of these terms. Headings are for convenience only, and do not limit or affect these terms.
With any purchase made from Razor Edge Group, you confirm that you have read this and meet all requirements. You also are confirming that you understand the consequences for breaking or not following the terms described above.